The standard store users are the operators facilitating the sales of items from a GonnaOrder store. They are the people who receive, confirm and reject orders arriving in the store. The functionalities available to the standard users are a sub-section of all functionalities and settings availed by GonnaOrder.
On This Page
- Switch between stores
- Manage orders
- Take orders for customers
- Search for items in the menu
- Mark items as available, out of stock, hidden, or non orderable
- View store tables
- View store statistics
- Share and preview store
Switch between stores
In GonnaOrder, you can be invited to manage more than one store. That means you will often need to switch between the stores you manage. In that case, a Stores List will appear in your GonnaOrder menu. Users managing a single store will not have this menu entry.
When you click on the stores list menu, a list of all stores that you can manage will appear on the screen. You ought to be careful not to make changes in the wrong store.
Managing orders is the primary reason you have store operators. Order management involves looking to see if there are new orders, confirming or rejecting new orders, and downloading or printing order receipts. Through the Orders menu, store operators can also enable notifications for incoming orders on the devices they use. You can also sort, search and filter orders based on the criteria provided by GonnaOrder.
Please visit the orders help page for a comprehensive guide on how to achieve prudent order management.
You may also want to read how to use the GoAdmin app to manage orders if your store uses mobile devices for store management.
Take orders for customers
Customers may occasionally request you to place orders on their behalf either through a phone call or even when they are physically in the store. In this case, you do not need to leave the administration panel or create a new browser tab. Instead, you should click on the Order Capture menu entry to view items and place orders. Order capture makes it easy for you to place and manage orders in a single browser tab. You can read more about order capture in the dedicated help page.
Every item you add to the shopping basket will be highlighted with a black vertical line appearing before the item details. Furthermore, from the store menu, you will be able to see the quantity of each of the items you have already added to the basket without having to navigate to the order details page.
Search for items in the menu
To make it easy for you to place orders, GonnaOrder has added a search bar on the customer menu and the Order capture menu. Search results are displayed for every letter you type in the search field with the search key highlighted in yellow for every appearance in the menu.
The search feature only works for main product names and not for categories or product descriptions. That is to say, you cannot search for a category name to display all the items in it, but you can search for an item by name or part of an item name. For example, entering the name “burger” in the search bar displays all instances where “burger” appears in the name of an item across all your categories.
If you use the search feature when the catalog is collapsed, GonnaOrder will expand the category in which your search term is found. Customers can also use this feature to easily find the items they would like to order.
Mark items as available, out of stock, hidden, or non orderable
All store items are set to be available for ordering upon creation. However, you may choose to change the status of items because they are out of stock, you want to temporarily pause ordering, or you want to disable ordering altogether.
You can achieve any of these goals by tapping on the item status update setting available to the right of item names in the store catalog and selecting a new status accordingly.
There are four possible item status options.
- Available: This status means an item is available in the store, visible on the customer menu and can be added to new orders by customers.
- Out of stock: Used to mark items that are not available in the store and associated with stock features.
- Hidden: Use this setting to temporarily remove an item from the customer menu. Useful to hide items if they are out of stock and it may take more than a day before they are restocked.
- Non Orderable: Use this setting to temporarily pause ordering for particular items.
Enable stock features before using this feature
Stock management must be enabled in your store before you can mark items as out of stock with this feature. The alternative way to update the status of an item involves viewing the catalog and editing the item details.
Except for the out-of-stock status, all other options do not require any prerequisite settings and can be enabled on the go.
Read the main help center article on how to mark items as available, out of stock, hidden or non orderable to understand how this feature works. The main article also shows the alternative method in more details.
View store tables
As a store operator, you can view the list of tables registered for any store you manage. From the tables view page, you can download the QR codes for all the store tables in PDF format or as a zipped image folder.
In each table cell, there are three items as described below.
- Table name or number: Clicking on the table name or number takes you to the table details page. You can copy the table URL and view the table description, comment, and location type. You may not edit any of these details since they are presented in view-only mode. We advise you to report any errors concerning tables to the respective store manager so they can take the appropriate action.
- Order capture symbol (clipboard): Clicking on the clipboard symbol will open the order capture section. The order you take after clicking on the clipboard will be associated with the table on which you clicked.
- Orders symbol (shopping trolley): The shopping trolley symbol takes you to the orders dashboard and specifically to the list of open orders associated with the table on which you clicked. For example, if you clicked on the orders symbol on table number 4, then you would be viewing all open table orders placed from the said table.
View store statistics
Store statistics provide useful insights into how users viewed and placed orders for your products. They also provide insights into the revenue generated by the store and the VAT the store should pay to the authorities if managers have set the VAT information. The statistics section also allows users to download complete reports for the stores they have access to.
All store users, regardless of the roles, view store statistics in the same way. Information on how to navigate the statistics section can be found on the Statistics help section.
Share and preview store
A store operator can share the store link or QR Code with new customers using the Share and preview menu. The sharing page allows you to configure various settings for the shared link.
- User interface language: You can change the language in which your GonnaOrder store is presented to the person you want to share with. There are over 35 languages to choose.
- catalog language: The catalog language is one of the languages for which you have translations. The list from which you choose depends on the translations available in your store. Where possible, the catalog language should be the same with the user interface language selected.
- Choose to allow ordering: You can choose to enable or disable ordering for the people receiving the shared link.
- Change the date: A default(changing current date) date is preselected but you may choose a date for which the store should be presented to the recipient. A date may affect the menu items displayed to users if you have special menus for your store.
Once you have configured the sharable link to your liking, click on the copy button just below the link and you can then paste it in your communication channels.