Categories are a way to group items that a customer can purchase from your store.
Examples of Categories Include Starters, Main Course, Ice cream, and Pizza. A category should have similar items and its name should be descriptive so that customers easily know where to find which offers.
On This Page
- Add a Category
- Highlight Categories with icons and emojis
- Preview a Category
- Update a Category
- Delete a Category
Add a Category
The catalog is accessible by clicking on the Catalog entry on your store menu. To create a new category on the catalog, click on Add Category in the catalog overview screen.
Provide a name and a short description of the category you want to add on the category creation page, change the category settings as needed and save. The short description of a catalog appears on the top of store products on the customer menu and should therefore be short and easy to understand.
Below are the catalog details and settings explained.
- Default Catalog Language: By default, the category will inherit the language of your store, but if you need it in some other languages, please change the language by clicking on the provided link.
- Name: Provide a name for the category. It should be short and easy for your customers to understand. In a case where a category can be referred to with several names, you should choose the one that is widely known or one that customers in your locality would best understand.
- Short Description: Add a short description of this category. It will help your customers understand what type of products they will find under this category. Note that the short description will appear as the first item in your category and all products will then appear below it. Make it informative.
- Visible: Use the toggle button to mark this category as visible or not. Please understand that this will have a direct impact on your sales since hidden categories do not appear in the customer menu. If you are ready to sell items in this catalog, toggle to this button to Yes.
- Available: If your category is available at all times, leave it as Available all time (default setting). Otherwise, you can click on Add New Schedule or associate the category with existing store schedules. You can learn how to manage store schedules here.
To learn more about marking items as visible or not visible see this page.
Highlight Categories with icons and emojis
Icons and emojis can help attract customer attention. You can add icons to both the catalog name and the short description. Please note that not all icons are supported.
You can copy and paste the following examples to your catalog (Only copy the symbol):
|Star: ⭐||Sparkles: ✨||Sparkle: ❇️||Coffee: ☕||Eight spoked asterisk: ✳️||Ballot box with check: ☑️|
|Heavy checkmark: ✔️||Eight pointed black star: ✴️||Heart: ❤️||One: 1️⃣||Two: 2️⃣||Three: 3️⃣|
|Four: 4️⃣||Five: 5️⃣||Six: 6️⃣||Seven: 7️⃣||Eight: 8️⃣||Nine: 9️⃣|