Categories are a way to group the offers that the customer can purchase your store.
Example of Categories Include Starters, Main Course, Ice cream etc are categories.
On This Page
Add a Category
- Click on Add Category in catalog overview screen. You will not see the Add Offer button if you haven’t added any categories yet. So the first step is to add a category for your offers.
- After you click on the Add Category button, you will be redirected to the Create Category screen. Here you’ll need to provide few information about the category
- Default Catalog Language: By default, the category will inherit the language of your store, but if you need this catalog in some other languages, please change the language from here.
- Name: Add a name to the category. Please consider making this name clear enough for your customers to understand and navigate.
- Description: Add a short description about this catalog. It will help your customers understand what type of offers they will find under this category.
- Sellable: Use the toggle button to mark this category as sellable or not. Please understand that this will have a direct impact on your sales. If you are ready to sell offerings in this catalog, toggle to Yes without hesitation.
(To learn more about marking sellable or not sellable see “Marking Items”
- Available: If your category is available at all times, leave it as Available all time. Eles, you can click on Add New Time Restriction and create time restrictions. These time restrictions can be applied to hide offers during the restricted time.
- Click Save to add the category that you just created.
Preview a Category
- To preview the category that you have created, Click on Share & Preview in the sidebar menu below Subscription.
- Then click on Share & Preview Link. The share and preview link will be your (gonnaorder domain) + (.)(gonnaorder.com). In the screenshot you can see https: // yourstorename.gonnaorder.com is your Share and Preview Link.
- This is how the categories you create and have offers are shown in the store.
Update a Category
- To update a specific category, click on the name of that category and then click the Edit icon.
- Change the specific fields you want to edit, and then click Save.
Delete A Category
- To Delete a specific category, go to the name of that Category and click on the Edit icon.
- At the bottom right corner you will see Delete link. Click on that Delete link.
- You will be asked for a confirmation. If you are sure to delete the category, then click Ok.
Your category will be deleted then.
Note: Please understand that when you delete a category, the offers that you added within that category will also be deleted. If you want to keep some offers, make sure that you change the category of those offers before you delete the category.