The Order Capture tab under Settings is where store managers can configure delivery modes, Ordering, Show or Hide comments for orders, and One click ordering.
On This Page
- Select Delivery Options
- Enable Customer Ordering
- Enable Order Capture – Waiter Ordering
- Enable Shopping Basket Only Mode
- Hide or Show Comments
- Add Items to Order with a Single Click
Select Your Delivery Options
Delivery modes allow you to specify how you can serve orders to your customers. GonnaOrder has three delivery modes you can choose from or combine to serve your customers best.
- Serve at Table: This delivery mode appears first on the list and will be useful to you if your restaurant has in-house serving tables. With this delivery mode, the customer usually sits within your premises and places an order via a QR code menu on the table or your GonnaOrder online store. This option will only work after you create tables for your store.
- Pickup: This applies to customers who want to pass through your physical store outlet while picking up their orders. Customers submit orders at the office or from home and pick them up in your physical store.
- Delivery at Address: With this delivery model, customers can place orders in your store and specify that they want them delivered at a specified address. You can select this mode if you have secured the services of riders or if you have other delivery logistics in place. Customers choosing this delivery mode for their order will be required to provide identifying information about themselves and the location to which the order will be delivered.
To select delivery modes for your store, click on Settings from the store side menu and then click Ordering. Selecting one or more delivery modes will automatically toggle the Ordering button to enable.
Customers can choose the date and time for the Pickup and Delivery options. Future date and time selection for orders is controlled by options that are available under Settings > Schedules.
Enable Customer Ordering
This setting is used to control whether or not customers can submit orders to your store online. You can only enable customer orders if you have activated at least one delivery mode. When enabled, customers can add items to the basket and checkout. Store staff can also select items and submit customer orders using the order capture facility.
If you disable ordering, customers will use your catalog as a menu but cannot order or pay online. Two additional settings appear when customer ordering is disabled; Order capture and Shopping basket. Both are enabled by default.
Enable Order Capture – Waiter Ordering
Order capture is a feature that allows you to use GonnaOrder to take orders for customers – as you would do on a POS. It makes it easier for waiters to submit orders on behalf of customers without leaving the store administration panel.
The facility is always available for your store staff whenever customer ordering is enabled. Enabling customer ordering for a store also turns on order capture. Therefore, a store cannot support customer orders without supporting staff orders.
On the contrary, supporting staff orders while keeping customer orders disabled is possible. In that case, the manager disables customer ordering and leaves the Order capture setting enabled.
This configuration allows customers to view your menu without allowing them to submit or pay for orders online. In that case, the role of taking orders solely belongs to the store staff.
Below are the configuration checks to disable customer orders and enable staff orders:
Confirm that at least one delivery method is selected
Enable order capture
If order capture is disabled, neither the customer menu nor the order capture interface for admin users allows new orders to be submitted to your store. However, store users can still add items to the shopping basket, regardless of whether the Shopping basket setting is enabled.
This scenario, where both customer and staff ordering is disabled, should be reserved for exceptional cases where the store does not wish to receive any orders.
- A store that supports customer orders (through the customer menu) must also support staff orders via order capture. Turning on ordering automatically enables the order capture setting.
- Store staff can add items to the shopping basket even when the shopping basket setting is disabled.
- You cannot disable the order capture facility when ordering is enabled.
Enable Shopping Basket Only Mode
The Shopping basket feature allows customers to select items from your menu and add them to a basket even when ordering is disabled. When this feature is enabled and ordering disabled, customers cannot submit orders through your online store but can still select items they would like served to them.
When the shopping basket is enabled, desktop users will see their selected items on the right side of the catalog. Below is how the shopping basket looks. Clicking on the Proceed button expands the basket allowing the customer to view the selected items on the order details page.
Also, orders placed when the Shopping basket is enabled and Ordering disabled will not be sent to your Orders Dashboard. That is to say, you cannot confirm or reject the order through your store dashboard, and neither can you print nor download the order.
The Shopping Basket setting is enabled and hidden automatically when you enable ordering.
Disabling ordering and shopping basket turns your catalog into a digital, view-only menu. Customers cannot click on store items, add items to the cart, or place orders.
- You can create a view-only menu for your store by disabling ordering and shopping basket.
- The shopping basket feature only works with the customer menu. It does not affect how store staff operates the order capture facility.
Hide or Show Comments
A customer may submit two types of comments alongside their order: order comments and order items comments.
Customers can type order comments on the checkout page just before submitting an order. This comment will then appear as a note at the bottom of the order details page when you view the order in your store.
You can hide the order comments field from customers, so you no longer receive special instructions or comments. Visit your store dashboard and go to Settings > Ordering. Find the Hide order comments button and click to toggle yes. Customers will no longer be able to submit order comments along with orders.
Other than order comments, customers may also add a comment for every item they include in their order. The comment input field is available to users on the product details page just before one adds an item to the cart. Order items comments appear under the item name on the order details.
To hide order items comments, go to your store dashboard, and under ordering settings, click the Hide order items comments button to toggle yes. Customers can no longer leave comments for the items they add to the cart.
Add Items to Order With a Single Click
A customer can add an item to their order with a single click. This helps reduce the number of clicks a customer makes to complete an order. By default, this setting is enabled for new stores.
You can enable this feature via Settings > Ordering. While on the ordering section, scroll down to find and enable the toggle button labeled One click add to basket.
Customers can click on the + symbol on a store product to add an item to the shopping basket. If a store product has an image, then clicking on the image once will add the item to the shopping basket.
If the user wanted to view the details of the store product, they would need to click on the item’s name, description, or price. Additionally, a one-click add-to basket only applies to items not associated with option groups or price variants.
When One click add to basket is disabled, customers will have to click anywhere on the product(including the image and the plus symbol) to view the product details page.
On the details page, a customer can click Add to your order to add an item to the basket. This means more clicks even when the customer knows what they want to order.
The one-click add-to-basket feature is enabled for all new stores by default. You can turn off this setting if you want customers to always view the long description before adding an item to their order.