Order items reports are documents that you can go through in your own time. They are automatically generated and contain more details than we can show on the various statistics sections. Particularly, we have two types of statistics reports: Itemized report – prepared for every order item and a high level order items summary that is prepared for every product present in your store during the selected statistics period.
What you should know:
- Order items summary is a high level report based on the items sold from your store during the selected statistics period.
- Order items details report has fine details about the items ordered for during a certain statistics period.
On This Page
- View order items summary
- Download order items reports
- Difference between the order items summary and itemized order items report
View order items summary
Under GonnaOrder’s statistics section, you can view the order items summary. Like the name suggests, it is a high level summary of store sales that is generated in real time. Therefore, you are free to change the dates for which you want to see the summary and sort the items based on the quantity sold or the total revenue generated from item sales.
The summary serves a quick visual guide to store sales over a given period of time. It compliments the downloadable reports. From the summary, you may click on any store item to edit the details.
Download order items reports
The order items tab of the statistics section provides you with options to download a summary of all orders placed in your store. You can then use the summary to learn what products have been performing well and those others that performed dismally during any given period. You also get an option to download an itemized list of all items you sold during a certain period.
The difference between the summary and the itemized list is that a summary is generally an overview of how different products performed while an itemized list is more detailed and links items to the associated order token (order number). The itemized order details list also contains the order date, and order status among other details.
If you would like to request more statistics about your store, please contact us through the contact form. After we receive your request, we then provide the desired statistics to you.
Difference between the order items summary and itemized order items report
You can download both the order items summary and the itemized order items report from your store as illustrated in the previous sections. But what is the difference between these two reports?
The order items summary provides an overview of what has been happening in your store over time. It shows the totals sales for all products listed in your store during a particular period of time. The summary excel file has a total of five columns.
- Product Id: This field has numeric values that identify your products in the store. These numbers are automatically assigned when you create an item through the GonnaOrder interface or by adding a catalog via excel or from photo.
- Product Name: The product name field will show the names of products you have in your store. Notice that category and option group names will not appear anywhere in the summary. Further, note that order numbers and dates when particular items were sold will also not appear on the list.
- Total Quantity: This field shows the total number of items of a particular product that were sold within the reference period. The summary does not break down how the total quantity was ordered and neither does it provide any order information.
- Total Discount Price: This refers to the total amount of money paid to your store after deducting any discounts you may have offered your customers. It is shown for every item listed in your store.
- Total Non Discount Price: The numeric values in this field represents the total value of of all the items of a particular product sold from your store without accounting for any discounts given to customers. It, therefore, represents the total amount of money you could have received after selling the Total Quantity of items for the marked price.
The itemized order items report on the other hand is more detailed. It is an product-level report that shows fine details about orders placed in your store. Every entry in this report represents a single instance of product that was listed in your store during the reference period. The report file has fifteen columns as explained below.
- Item Id: Every item added to an order is assigned a unique ID in your store. That is to say that if a customer chooses to have two items (quantity) of the same product in their order, then each of the two items would have a unique identifier.
- Order Token: The order token is similar to the order number and it links every item purchased from your store to the corresponding order. This column can have repeated values since an order can have several items.
- Product Id: This field carries a unique number designed to identify store products. The product Id is different from Item Id in that the latter is associated with individual items ordered from your store while the former is associated with a specific product type.
- Order Item Comment: This field will show any comment left by the customer while they were placing the order. It might as well be empty.
- Product Name: The product name carries the name of products to which items ordered from your store belong. The product names appearing in the order items summary report we discussed earlier will be the same appearing in the order details report, but now repeated times.
- Category Name: This is the category/group to which the product in question belongs. If an item Coke is listed under the soft drinks category, then this field’s value will be Soft drinks and so forth.
- Product Price: The marked price of a single item of a product.
- Quantity: The quantity refers to the count of the items that were requested in the same order. For instance, the quantity value will be 2 if a customer ordered for two bottles of coke.
- Discount Type: GonnaOrder allows you to discount products for your customers. Discount type can either be monetary or percentile. Items without discounts will have this field empty.
- Discount Value: This shows the value of the discount set for a particular product with respect to the discount type field. See help on how to set up prices and discounts.
- Total Discount Price: The actual value the customer paid for the item. Can also be described as the marked price of an item minus the product discount.
- Total Non Discount Price: This represents the value a customer should have paid if the store didn’t have discounts for the product items in the same order. It is essentially the marked price for the product multiplied by the number of items ordered.
- Order Status: The value here can be Submitted, Received, or Closed. See help on order status & changes to learn more.
- Order Date: This shows the date when the item was ordered from the store.
- Wish Date: Represents the day that the customer chose to receive their order containing this item. Not all orders have wish dates and it is therefore okay if some rows have this field empty.
- Location: The location field of the itemized order report refers to the table to which the order was served. This is the same table number that appears on the order overview page. Like you might be guessing, not all orders will be associated with tables and that is okay.
- Location comment: This is a comment related to the table to which the order to which the item is associated was served.
- Object: The object field identifies the entity type that can be associated with the listed product. An entity type can be a category, a product, an option, or a price variant.